Nikahhalal.com is strongly committed to protecting your privacy. This statement discloses the information gathering process and the privacy and dissemination practices for this website. Nikahhalal.com has created this privacy statement to demonstrate our firm commitment to protecting your privacy.
Nikahhalal.com may contain links to other websites, and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites. We have adopted the following methods to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information to the best of our ability.
EFFECTIVE DATE: May 25, 2018
- WHO WE ARE
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- COOKIES AND OTHER SIMILAR DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
- HOW WE USE INFORMATION
- HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
- CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFERS
- YOUR RIGHTS
- RESIDENTS OF Ontario
- HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
- HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
- HOW TO CONTACT US
1. WHO WE ARE
NikahHalal ℅ Generations Inc
7221 Lulworth court, Mississauga,
l5n7x2, Ontario, Canada
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We can’t help you develop meaningful connections without some information about you, such as basic profile details and the types of people you’d like to meet. We also collect information generated as you use our services, for example, access logs, as well as data from third parties, like when you access our services through a social media account. If you want additional info, we go into more detail below.
The information you give us
You choose to provide us with specific details when using our services. This includes:
- When you create an account, you provide us with at least your login credentials, as well as some essential details necessary for the service to work, such as your gender and date of birth.
- When you complete your profile, you can share with us additional information, such as details on your personality, lifestyle, interests and other information about you, as well as content such as photos and videos. To add specific content, like pictures or videos, you may allow us to access your camera or photo album. Some of the information you choose to provide us may be considered “special” or “sensitive” in certain jurisdictions, for example, your racial or ethnic origins, sexual orientation, and religious beliefs. By choosing to provide this information, you consent to our processing of that information.
- When you subscribe to a paid service or make a purchase directly from us, you provide to our payment service provider with information, such as your debit or credit card number or other financial information.
- When you participate in surveys or focus groups, you give us your insights into our products and services, responses to our questions and testimonials.
- When you choose to participate in our promotions, events or contests, we collect the information that you use to register or enter.
- If you contact our customer care team, we collect the information you give us during the interaction. Sometimes, we monitor or record these interactions for training purposes and to ensure a high quality of service.
- If you ask us to communicate with or otherwise process information of other people (for example, if you ask us to send an email on your behalf to one of your friends), we collect the information about others that you give us to complete your request.
- Of course, we also process your chats with other users as well as the content you publish, as part of the operation of the services.
Information we receive from others
In addition to the information you provide us directly, we receive information about you from others, including:
- Other Users
- Other users may contain information about you as they use our services. For instance, we may collect information about you from other users if they contact us about you.
- Social Media
- You may be able to use your social media login (such as Facebook Login) to create and log into your NikahHalal account. This saves you from having to remember yet another username and password and allows you to share some information on your social media account with us.
- Other Partners
- We may receive info about you from our partners, for instance when NikahHalal accounts can be created through a partner’s websites (in which case they pass along registration information to us) or where NikahHalal ads are published on a partner’s websites and platforms (in which case they may pass along details on a campaign’s success).
Information collected when you use our services
When you use our services, we receive information about which features you’ve used, how you’ve used them and the devices you use to access our services. See below for more details:
- Usage Information
- We collect information about your activity on our services, for instance how you use them (e.g., date and time you logged in, features you’ve been using, searches, clicks, and pages which have been shown to you, referring webpage address, advertising that you click on) and how you interact with other users (e.g., users you connect and interact with, time and date of your exchanges, number of messages you send and receive).
- Device information
- We collect information from and about the device(s) you use to access our services, including:
- hardware and software information such as IP address, device ID and type, device-specific and apps settings and characteristics, app crashes, advertising IDs (such as Google’s AAID and Apple’s IDFA, both of which are randomly generated numbers that you can reset by going into your device’ settings), browser type, version and language, operating system, time zones, identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser (e.g., IMEI/UDID and MAC address);
- information on your wireless and mobile network connection, like your service provider and signal strength;
- data on device sensors such as accelerometers, gyroscopes, and compasses.
- Other information with your consent
- Similarly, if you consent, we may collect your photos and videos (for instance, if you want to publish a photo, video or streaming on the services).
4. COOKIES AND OTHER SIMILAR DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome) have a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) feature that tells a website that a user does not want to have his or her online activity tracked. If a site that responds to a DNT signal receives a DNT signal, the browser can block that website from collecting specific information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option, and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, many businesses, including NikahHalal, do not currently respond to DNT signals.
5. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
The main reason we use your information is to deliver and improve our services. Additionally, we use your info to help keep you safe and to provide you with advertising that may be of interest to you. Read on for a more detailed explanation of the various reasons we use your information, together with practical examples.
To administer your account and provide our services to you
- Create and manage your account
- Provide you with customer support and respond to your requests
- Complete your transactions
- Communicate with you about our services, including order management and billing
To help you connect with other users
- Analyze your profile and that of other users to recommend meaningful connections
- Show users’ profiles to one another
To ensure a consistent experience across your devices
- Link the various devices you use so that you can enjoy a consistent experience of our services on all of them. We do this by linking devices and browser data, such as when you log into your account on different devices or by using partial or full IP address, browser version and similar data about your devices to help identify and link them.
To serve you relevant offers and ads
- Administer sweepstakes, contests, discounts or other offers
- Develop, display and track content and advertising tailored to your interests on our services and other sites
- Communicate with you by email, phone, social media or mobile device about products or services that we think may interest you
To improve our services and develop new ones
- Administer focus groups and surveys
- Conduct research and analysis of users’ behavior to improve our services and content (for instance, we may decide to change the look and feel or even substantially modify a given feature based on users’ behavior)
- Develop new features and services (for example, we may decide to build a new interests-based feature further to requests received from users).
To prevent, detect and fight fraud or other illegal or unauthorized activities
- Address ongoing or alleged misbehavior on and off-platform
- Perform data analysis to better understand and design countermeasures against these activities
- Retain data related to fraudulent activities to prevent against recurrences
To ensure legal compliance
- Comply with legal requirements
- Assist law enforcement
- Enforce or exercise our rights, for example, our Terms
To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
- Provide our service to you: Most of the time, the reason we process your information is to perform the contract that you have with us. For instance, as you go about using our service to build meaningful connections, we use your information to maintain your account and your profile, to make it viewable to other users and recommend other users to you.
- Legitimate interests: We may use your information where we have legitimate interests to do so. For instance, we analyze users’ behavior on our services to improve our offerings continuously, we suggest offers we think might interest you, and we process information for administrative, fraud detection and other legal purposes.
6. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
Since our goal is to help you make meaningful connections, the main sharing of users’ information is, of course, with other users. We also share some users’ information with service providers and partners who assist us in operating the services, with other Match Group companies and, in some cases, legal authorities. Read on for more details about how your information is shared with others.
- With other users
- You share information with other users when you voluntarily disclose information on the service (including your public profile). Please be careful with your information and make sure that the content you share is stuff that you’re comfortable being publically viewable since neither you nor we can control what others do with your information once you share it.
- If you choose to limit the audience for all or part of your profile or certain content or information about you, then it will be visible according to your settings.
- With our service providers and partners
- We use third parties to help us operate and improve our services. These third parties assist us with various tasks, including data hosting and maintenance, analytics, customer care, marketing, advertising, payment processing and security operations.
- We may also share information with partners who distribute and assist us in advertising our services. For instance, we may share limited information on you in hashed, non-human readable form to advertising partners.
- We follow a strict vetting process before engaging any service provider or working with any partner. All of our service providers and partners must agree to strict confidentiality obligations.
- We may transfer your information if we are involved, whether in whole or in part, in a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change of ownership or control.
- When required by law
- We may disclose your information if reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with a legal process, such as a court order, subpoena or search warrant, government / law enforcement investigation or other legal requirements; (ii) to assist in the prevention or detection of crime (subject in each case to applicable law); or (iii) to protect the safety of any person.
- To enforce legal rights
- We may also share information: (i) if disclosure would mitigate our liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit; (ii) as necessary to protect our legal rights and legal rights of our users, business partners or other interested parties; (iii) to enforce our agreements with you; and (iv) to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing.
- With your consent or at your request
- We may ask for your consent to share your information with third parties. In any such case, we will make it clear why we want to share the information.
7. CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFERS
Sharing of information laid out in above section sometimes involves cross-border data transfers, for instance to Canada and other jurisdictions. As an example, where the service allows for users to be located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), their personal information is transferred to countries outside of the EEA. We use standard contract clauses approved by the European Commission or other suitable safeguards to permit data transfers from the EEA to other countries. Standard contractual clauses are commitments between companies transferring personal data, binding them to protect the privacy and security of your data.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
We want you to be in control of your information, so we have provided you with the following tools:
- Access / Update tools in the service. Tools and account settings that help you to access rectify or delete information that you provided to us, and that’s associated with your account directly within the service. If you have any question on those tools and settings, please contact our customer care team for help here.
- Device permissions. Mobile platforms have permission systems for specific types of device data and notifications, such as phone book and location services as well as push notifications. You can change your settings on your device to either consent or oppose the collection of the corresponding information or the display of the corresponding notifications. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose full functionality.
- Deletion. You can delete your account by using the corresponding functionality directly on the service.
We want you to be aware of your privacy rights. Here are a few key points to remember:
- Reviewing your information. Applicable privacy laws may give you the right to review the personal information we keep about you (depending on the jurisdiction, this may be called right of access, the right of portability or variations of those terms). You can request a copy of your personal information by putting in such a request here.
- Updating your information. If you believe that the information we hold about you is inaccurate or that we are no longer entitled to use it and want to request its rectification, deletion or object to its processing, please contact us here.
For your protection and the protection of all of our users, we may ask you to provide proof of identity before we can answer the above requests.
Keep in mind; we may reject requests for certain reasons, including if the request is unlawful or if it may infringe on trade secrets or intellectual property or the privacy of another user. If you wish to receive information relating to another user, such as a copy of any messages you received from him or her through our service, the other user will have to contact our Privacy Officer to provide their written consent before the information is released.
Also, we may not be able to accommodate certain requests to object to the processing of personal information, notably where such requests would not allow us to provide our service to you anymore. For instance, we cannot provide our service if we do not have your date of birth.
- Uninstall. You can stop all information collected by an app by uninstalling it using the standard uninstall process for your device. If you uninstall the app from your mobile device, the unique identifier associated with your device will continue to be stored. If you re-install the application on the same mobile device, we will be able to re-associate this identifier to your previous transactions and activities.
- Accountability. In certain countries, including in the European Union, you have a right to complain about the appropriate data protection authority if you have concerns about how we process your personal information. The data protection authority you can complain about notably may be that of your habitual residence, where you work or where we are established.
9. RESIDENTS OF Ontario
If you are an Ontario resident, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information about you that we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. To request this notice, please submit your request here. Please allow 30 days for a response. For your protection and the protection of all of our users, we may ask you to provide proof of identity before we can answer such a request.
10. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We work hard to protect you from unauthorized access to or alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information. As with all technology companies, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information will always remain secure. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks and regularly review our information collection, storage, and processing practices to update our physical, technical and organizational security measures.
We may suspend your use of all or part of the services without notice if we suspect or detect any breach of security. If you believe that your account or information is no longer secure, please notify us immediately here.
11. HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
We keep your personal information only as long as we need it for legitimate business purposes (as laid out in section 5 and as permitted by applicable law).
In practice, we delete or anonymize your information upon deletion of your account or after two years of continuous inactivity, unless:
- we must keep it to comply with applicable law;
- we must keep it to evidence our compliance with applicable law;
- there is an outstanding issue, claim or dispute requiring us to keep the relevant information until it is resolved; or
- the information must be kept for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users’ safety and security. For example, information may need to be kept to prevent a user who was banned for unsafe behavior or security incidents from opening a new account.
Keep in mind that even though our systems are designed to carry out data deletion processes according to the above guidelines, we cannot promise that all data will be deleted within a specific time frame due to technical constraints
12. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Our services are restricted to users who are 18 years of age or older. We do not permit users under the age of 18 on our platform and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If you suspect that a user is under the age of 18, please use the reporting mechanism available through the service.
Because we’re always looking for new and innovative ways to help you build meaningful connections, this policy may change over time. We will notify you before any material changes take effect so that you have time to review the changes.
14. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you live in the European Union:
NikahHalal ℅ Generations Inc.
7221 Lulworth court, Mississauga
Ontario, L5N7X2, Canada
1. Automatic information gathering from members
2. Information requested from members
When you register to use Nikahhalal.com Services, you will be asked for some general identifying information, which will enable us to provide you with this customized service. We gather contact information (like your email address) and demographic information (like your city of residence, gender or age). We do not share, rent or sell this information to any third party. If you choose to become a Premium Member, we collect financial information (like your credit card number, billing address, phone number and expiry date). We will only use this information in the course of providing our Services to you, and will not under any circumstances share such information with outside parties. We do not use any third party credit card processor so all the information is stored within one premises in 128 bit encryption.
3. Public and Private information
Private information is information that can personally identify you such as your real name, email address or credit card number. When you register to use Nikahhalal.com service, you will be asked for some general identifying information to enable us to provide you with this customized service. We gather contact information (such as your email address) and, if you choose to sign up for a Full Membership or to purchase credits, financial information (such as your credit card number and expiry date). Financial information is gathered and processed through our own secure server not from any third party billing site, and encrypted via a secure server to ensure that others cannot read it. The secure site has a bold Icon about confirming the security of the site. You can click on the Icon to confirm the site security. We will only use your financial information in the course of providing our Services to you. The specific financial information we collect is not rented, sold, or shared with any third party, except to the financial institution that processes your transaction or where required by law. Public information will be available for registered members to view. This includes your demographic information such as gender, age, appearance, religion, occupation, and geographical location.
4. Use of and access to member information
By signing up for this service, you specifically agree to receive communications from us, or through us, to the email address that you provide, including but not limited to: notifications of emails and instant messages you receive from other members on the site, relevant photos and profiles, updates regarding our service, special promotions and offers, and notices of changes to the site. Our site provides you with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving some types of communications from us by changing the settings on the page entitled “Profile options.” If you do not opt-out of receiving such notices, they will be sent to you automatically, at our discretion. Your general demographic information is used to personalize your experience on the site; to compose your personal profile, which is associated with an identity you have created; to allow other members to find you through a search; we do not send any advertisement from third party via email to any member.
5. Managing or removing your personal information
We keep the information you have given us for as long as you are a member on the site. You can always verify or request the removal of the personally identifiable information we have collected and change your registration information by visiting the appropriate subsection of “Edit Profile” To make changes to your profile, suspend your account, or remove your account completely, you may do so at any time by hiding the profile from �Profile options� page. Once the profile is hidden, you will no longer receive any electronic communication from the site (email or SMS), and no members can view your profile information.
6. Monitoring online activity